Thursday, September 2, 2010

Allie's Drawings - Week 2

A couple of Allie's school subjects have extra activities that correspond to her lessons.  As she get to the enrichment part of her lessons, I look through the lists of suggestions and choose one or two things for her to do that go along with the things that she is learning.  This week, she had the opportunity to draw.  


In History she is learning about the explorers that helped discover America.  She learned that 2 of the ships that Columbus used were called Caravels, and I asked to to do a little research on that and draw one.  She found a photo online, drew a similar ship, and labeled it.  I was very impressed with her detailed work.


As part of her English curriculum, she is reading The Cricket In Times Square (again).  One of the options of things that she could do to go along with her lesson was drawing a cricket.  I thought that she did a great job!

I love how I am getting to choose things that I think she would enjoy and/ or be good at to enhance her learning.  She wouldn't necessarily admit that she loved drawing these pictures, but I think that she would say that she liked drawing more than just reading and writing.  

3 comments:

  1. She's a great artist ... and I love her penmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm impressed. Good job Allie Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comments are working for some weird reason. Maybe my comment on the email I sent wasn't meant to be published so publically? :0) Eternity will tell, right?

    ReplyDelete