Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cooper's First Day Of PreK

Today was the day that Cooper has been anxiously waiting for.  Not so much for the obvious reason... he got to start PreK today... but because he got to eat on the Special Plate!  He has been counting down the days until it was his turn... sweet third baby!  This morning Corey and I made him our traditional smiley-face pancakes before we took him to his first day of PreK, and he was thrilled!


When we were headed out to take our traditional first day of school photos in the front yard, we realized that it was pouring rain, so we opted to take them in our entry way next to the open front door.

~ Cooper & his Mini Cooper car backpack ~


~ Cooper & Daddy outside of Coop's new preschool ~

~ Mommy & Cooper saying goodbye for the day ~
(I can't believe that this is the last "first day of preschool" that I will take my babies to!)

The big kids joined us as we took Cooper to his first day of PreK.  Between both of them holding video cameras and me taking photos with my camera and my iPhone, he had quite the entourage.  (It's not all bad being the baby of the family!)

~ in his new classroom ~
Cooper was excited to be at preschool - not anxious or reluctant at all.  We both actually escaped the morning tear-free.

When I went to pick him up, he was happily doing a puzzle with a new friend.

One thing that we love about Cooper's new preschool is that his cousin Claire goes there too.  Cooper said he saw her 2 times throughout their school day, and they were excited to see each other after pick-up as well.  (I love how she is holding on to him in this photo!)

After school my sister, Emily, and I took the kids for ice cream to celebrate their first days of preschool.  It was a great day! 

~Claire, Allie, Jack, & Cooper ~
~ Jacob ~

2 comments:

  1. Love all those happy faces and the famous "Funny-face 1st Day of School Pancake". I should start fixing one for dad on his first day of school every year. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big Cooper is! And love love love the pic of him and Claire. That's just precious.

    ReplyDelete